Pacific Rim Lamb Rib Chops with Stir-Fry
Visit the Pacific Rim with this lovely lamb stir-fry.
- 8 lamb rib chops, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs ginger, grated
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 4 med red bell peppers, sliced
- 12 oz brown mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 lb snow peas, trimmed
- In small bowl combine soy sauce, garlic, hoisin sauce, and gingerroot.
- In large glass baking dish, arrange lamb chops.
- Pour on 1/4 cup soy mixture, turning chops to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, cook onion over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add celery and cook 2 additional minutes.
- Mix in bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, and remaining soy sauce mixture.
- Cook for 4 minutes. Stir in pea pods, turn off heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Broil lamb chops 4 inches from source of heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once or to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium and 170ºF for well.
- Mound vegetables on plates and top each with lamb rib chop.
Calories from Fat 241 (64%)
(41%)Total Fat 27g
(58%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.