Oven Roasted Lamb Rib Chops with Rosemary Apple Dressing
A great alternative to turkey and dressing for any holiday meal.
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cornbread stuffing, crumbled
- 2/3 cup canned apple pie filling and topping, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 8 lamb rib chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook onion, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper, cornbread stuffing, apple pie filling, apple juice, and walnuts, mixing well.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking dish, spread out dressing; set aside.
- In large skillet, heat remaining oil and quickly brown lamb chops on each side.
- Place lamb chops on top of dressing.
- Roast in 350ºF oven to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
- Serve dressing on plate and top with two lamb chops.
Calories from Fat 490 (54%)
(86%)Total Fat 56g
(60%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 19g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrate 49g
(25%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.