Mushroom Profusion Pasta
Sake and wine impart a depth of flavor to this elegant linguini and mushroom blend that's sure to impress.
- Sake-Madeira Sauce3 lbs mushroom stems, washed
- 3/4 cup sliced shallots
- 6 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 cups sake
- 1 quart Madeira wine
- 3 quarts heavy whipping cream
- kosher salt, to taste
- togarashi pepper spices, to taste
- Mushroom Pasta6 portabella mushrooms, gills removed
- 3 lbs dried linguini
- 3 oz unsalted butter
- 1 lb 3 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 lb 3 ounces sliced oyster mushrooms
- 1 lb 3 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cups sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 cups sliced oil-packed, drained sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups mushroom or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups Madeira wine
- 1 1/2 cups sake
- 12 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- SauceSweat the mushroom stems, shallots, and garlic. Deglaze the pan with the sake and Madeira. Simmer to reduce by half. Add the cream and reduce until slightly thicker, or desired consistency.
- Purée the contents of the pan. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, pressing on the mixture lightly, and discard the solids. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool the sauce in an ice bath.
- PastaToss the portabella mushrooms with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Roast in a 350° F oven until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Parcook the linguini.
- Melt the butter and sauté the sliced mushrooms, scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic until lightly browned and soft. Season with salt. Deglaze the pan with the broth, sake, and Madeira. Add in the Sake-Madeira cream sauce, 6 ounces of the Parmesan, and the thyme. Simmer until slightly thickened and flavorful. Set aside to cool.
- For each serving, to order: Reheat 1 cup of linguini. Reheat about 1 cup of the sauce and vegetables over low. Thinly slice a portabella and reheat 3 to 4 slices under the broiler. Plate the linguini, top with the sauce, portabella slices, and a sprinkling of Parmesan.
Calories from Fat 280 (38%)
(49%)Total Fat 32g
(92%)Saturated Fat 18g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 75g
(28%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.