Mango B-B-Q Lamb Tacos
Top these savory lamb tacos with chopped avocado and mango chutney for a quick and easy meal.
- 12 lamb hindshanks
- 2 Tbs salt
- 2 Tbs pepper
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 12 cups fat free chicken broth
- 6 cups barbecue sauce, prepared
- 6 cups mango chutney, prepared
- 3 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 2 Tbs onion powder
- garlic powder
- 24 corn tortillas, warmed
- Optional Fillings Shredded lettuce, chopped avocado, mango chutney, chopped tomatoes, Jack and Cheddar Cheese (as desired)
- Pat lamb shanks dry with paper towels. Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper. In a large roasting pan with lid, heat oil over high heat. Add several lamb shanks and brown on each side. Repeat process browning all shanks.
- Place shanks into large pans. Divide chicken broth among pans and cook over high heat, reducing broth by one-half. Combine barbecue sauce, chutney, cilantro, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder and divide among pans. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours until lamb is tender. Remove shanks from pans and allow to cool. Reserve sauce in pans.
- Remove meat from shanks, discarding fat and tendons. Shred meat. Add some of the reserved sauce to moisten meat and heat.
- Place lamb taco meat in corn tortillas. Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped avocado, mango chutney and shredded cheeses.
Calories from Fat 173 (29%)
(24%)Total Fat 15g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 67g
(71%)Dietary Fiber 18g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.