Lemony Blueberry Cheese Tart
Using prepared lemon curd makes this a quick and easy dessert that's sure to wow.
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust, thawed
- 1 container (8-ounce) or 1 cup mascarpone cheese or 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 5 Tbs lemon curd, divided
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Press the pie crust into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom, or leave in the original aluminum pie tin. With the tines of a fork, pierce the bottom and sides. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes; refrigerate until cool, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together cheese and 3 tablespoons of the lemon curd until smooth. (If mixture is too thick to spread, stir in a small amount of milk.) Spread mixture in the bottom of the cooled tart shell.
- In a medium-size bowl, gently stir the blueberries and the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon curd until thoroughly combined. Spoon the blueberries evenly over the mascarpone layer. Cover and chill 2 hours. To serve, remove the sides of the tart pan if used; cut into wedges.
Calories from Fat 140 (57%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.