Lamb Sirloin with Stockyards-style Garlic Mint Marinade
Garlic lovers will rejoice with their first taste of these savory lamb steaks drizzled with garlic vinaigrette.
- 4 10 oz lamb sirloin steaks
- Marinade for Lamb1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 cups mint (fresh)
- 1 lime zest and juice
- Garlic Mint Vinaigrette1 cup garlic cloves
- 1 cup olive oil (blend)
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs stone ground mustard
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 4 each lime zest and juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend garlic, olive oil, mint, and lime zest and juice to make marinade. Add lamb sirloin steaks to marinade in a glass baking pan for at least one hour, covered (ideally overnight).
- Preheat grill.
- Meanwhile, remove lamb from marinade. Lightly score the lamb sirloins, approximately 4 cuts per side.
- Place the lamb steaks on the grill over low heat. Cook over low heat for approximately 4 minutes. Flip and cook for additional 4 minutes.
- For Garlic Mint VinaigretteSlowly roast garlic in olive oil over medium heat in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Let the oil cool with garlic in it.
- Combine all ingredients, except mint, in blender and mix until chunky. Add mint and blend for about 2-3 seconds.
- Drizzle grilled lamb sirloin steaks with vinaigrette to taste.
Calories from Fat 1562 (81%)
(272%)Total Fat 177g
(138%)Saturated Fat 28g
Polyunsaturated Fat 17g
Monounsaturated Fat 126g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.