Holiday Stuffed Crown Roast with Cranberry Relish
A dramatic dish, that's easy to make. It's the butcher that does most of the work.
- Lamb1 lamb crown roast, tied and formed into a circle
- 4 cups dry bread cubes
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, divided
- 1-1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Cranberry Relish1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbs lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 16 parsley sprigs
- LambPlace roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- In large bowl, combine bread cubes, 1 cup cranberries, celery, onion, sage, salt, pepper, broth, and butter. Mix well.
- Fill center of roast with stuffing. Roast at 375ºF for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Garnish with mandarin oranges and parsley.
- Slice between ribs and serve with stuffing and cranberry relish.
- Cranberry RelishIn food processor, process 3 cups cranberries. Combine cranberries, honey, lemon rind and nutmeg to make relish; mix well.
Calories from Fat 206 (31%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(52%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 69g
(24%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.