Healthy Black Forest Baked Oatmeal
These incredible little cakes are quick, healthy, low-fat, and easy to eat on the go. Perfect for busy mornings.
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ½ cup fat free milk
- ¾ cup pitted cherries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil. Fill each muffin tin cup to the top with oat mixture. It should make about 6-8 oatmeal cakes.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. For a light crust, broil for an additional 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve on it’s own or with fresh fruit, yogurt, or milk.
Calories from Fat 26 (30%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.