Guacamole with Pinto Beans
Pinto beans are a wonderful addition to traditional guacamole, the result is a creamier dip with more nutritional value!
- 2 avocados, very ripe
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, cooked until soft
- 1/3 cup red onion, small dice
- 1 Tbs poblano chili peppers, small dice
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, small dice
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Lime juice, to taste
- Pit and scoop the avocados.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash them in a small bowl.
- Mash the cooked pinto beans and add to the avocados.
- Mix in the onions, chili peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
Calories from Fat 56 (61%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.