Grilled Tuna with Fruit Salsa
Recipe from The Best of Sophie Kay
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 6 to 8 oz tuna steaks, also works with swordfish, shark, halibut, or salmon
- Fruit Salsa1 cup chopped fresh plums
- 1 cup chopped fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs minced fresh mint
- Grilled Tuna:Combine pineapple juice, oil, soy sauce, and lime juice. Arrange tuna steaks in shallow glass pan; pour juice mixture over steaks. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove tuna from marinade and place on grill 4-5 inches above medium hot coals; discard marinade. Grill just until fish begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, allow 10 minutes cooking per inch of thickness, turning once during cooking. Serve with fruit salsa.
- Fruit Salsa:Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; stir gently, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Substitution Tip: You can also use swordfish, shark, halibut, or salmon.
Calories from Fat 64 (17%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.