Grilled Ribeye Steaks and Potatoes with Smoky Paprika Rub
The deep smoky flavor of Spanish paprika makes these steaks sizzle. Add the Sour Cream and Onion Sauce for a creamy compliment.
- 2 beef ribeye steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges each
- 1 Tbs minced green onions
- Seasoning2 Tbs smoked or Spanish paprika
- 1- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- Sour Cream and Onion Sauce (recipe follows - optional)2 Tbs minced green onions
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- smoked or Spanish paprika
- Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; remove and reserve 2 tablespoons. Press remaining seasoning evenly onto beef steaks; set aside. Combine reserved seasoning, oil and salt in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange potatoes around steaks. Grill steaks, uncovered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill potatoes 14 to 17 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 15 minutes) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Sprinkle green onion over potatoes. Serve potatoes with Sour Cream and Onion Sauce for dipping, if desired.
- Sour Cream and Onion Sauce (Optional)Combine 1/2 cup dairy sour cream and 2 tablespoons minced green onion. Sprinkle with smoked or Spanish paprika, as desired. Yield: 1/2 cup
Nutrition Note: Sour Cream and Onion Sauce is not included in the nutrition facts.
Calories from Fat 263 (33%)
(45%)Total Fat 29g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 70g
(31%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.