Grilled Portabella Caps Stuffed with Herb Cheese
With just six ingredients, these mushroom caps are a perfect appetizer when entertaining. And they're a snap to prepare.
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup spreadable reduced fat herb cheese
- 1/3 cup buttery crackers, lightly crushed
- Heat grill to 400° F. Brush both sides of mushrooms with oil. Mix tomatoes and spinach with the herb cheese. Spread the gill side of each mushroom with 2 tablespoons of herb cheese mixture. Sprinkle each mushroom with buttery cracker crumbs.
- Place mushrooms, gill side up, on grill. Close cover and cook 13 minutes.
- For a more quiche-like consistency, cook 2 minutes more.
Calories from Fat 81 (39%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.