Grilled Orzo Salad
Grilled veggies and orzo make an unforgettably tasty pasta salad.
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) pattypan squash, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/2-inch thick
- 5 oz radicchio, quartered
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (1 pound) cooked orzo pasta, cooled to room temperature
- 2/3 cup sliced olives
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs minced shallots
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) toasted sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, toss squash, zucchini and radicchio with 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side until marked and tender. Transfer to a clean cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
- When cooled, dice squash and zucchini into 1/4-inch pieces and shred raddichio into 1/4-inch strips (removing the core), then place into a large mixing bowl. Toss in orzo and olives and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, shallots and thyme.
- Pour into vegetable and pasta mixture and stir until evenly combined. Mix in basil, goat cheese and almonds just before serving.
Calories from Fat 167 (28%)
(30%)Total Fat 19g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 87g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.