Grilled Mushrooms and Pepper Fajitas
Flavored with aromatic cumin and grilled to perfection, this delicious dish is topped with a creamy, spicy chipotle sauce.
- 1 1/2 lbs mixed mushrooms (portabella caps, shiitake and crimini)
- 8 oz white button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved
- 12 each (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs garlic, minced
- Chipotle Cream Sauce8 oz sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small dry skillet heat cumin seeds until fragrant, about 1 minute. Place in a large bowl with olive oil, garlic and all the mushrooms; toss to mix and coat.
- Preheat outdoor grill or broiler. In batches on a grill screen or rack of a broiler pan, place mushrooms, bell peppers and onion. Grill 2 to 3 inches from heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Slice vegetable into strips. Place an equal amount on each tortilla; sprinkle with feta cheese and a drizzle of chipotle cream. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Chipotle Cream Sauce1 container (8 ounces) sour cream, 1 chipotle pepper, stem and seeds removed, 1/2 teaspoon salt. In the container of a food processor place sour cream, pepper and salt. Process until the pepper is finely chopped, 15 to 30 seconds.
Calories from Fat 226 (48%)
(39%)Total Fat 25g
(62%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(17%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.