Grilled Asparagus and Mushroom Salad with Shaved Parmesan
Blanching then grilling the asparagus make this a succulent and simple salad.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- olive oil, as needed
- salt, as needed
- freshly ground pepper as needed
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper or to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lb medium crimini or white mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved pieces
- Blanch asparagus, in a frying pan large enough to hold asparagus in one layer. Bring approximately 3 inches of water to a boil. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt. Add asparagus. Cook at a medium boil until slightly underdone, about 3 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain on paper towel; cool.
- To grill, brush asparagus with olive oil. On an outdoor or a stovetop, grill over medium-high heat, turning frequently, until lightly browned and fork tender, about 3 minutes. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cool. At an angle, cut spears in -1/2" pieces; reserve.
- To make vinaigrette, mix lemon juice, garlic, crushed red pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; whisk in oil. Reserve.
- Slice mushrooms about 1/4" thick. Toss mushrooms with reserved asparagus and vinaigrette; arrange on a platter. Add shavings of Parmesan cheese over salad.
Calories from Fat 36 (60%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.