Greens and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Almost a salad on a thick slice of toast, this bruschetta is a lovely way to start an elegant meal. It works as an accompaniment to a hearty main dish soup. Prepare right before serving so the greens donít wilt.
- 1 cup arugula, thinly sliced
- 1 cup escarole, thinly sliced
- 1 cup endive, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 4 slices Italian bread, preferably a coarse, country style bread, cut in thick slices
- 3 oz Montrachet cheese*, (or any good quality goat cheese)
- Place the greens and the oil and vinegar in a small bowl and toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind that the goat cheese can be very salty.
- Toast bread by grilling on the stovetop or under the broiler.
- Spread goat cheese evenly over the toasts. Place a mound of the dressed greens on top of the cheese. The amount of greens may vary, depending on the size of the bread. Itís okay to mound the greens.
- Serve immediately.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn. The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 107 (60%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USĖregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.