Gorgonzola Lemon Rice
Bring home the wonderful taste of Northern Italy, the homeland of Gorgonzola cheese, with this quick and easy rice dish.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 4-oz package Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups lightly-packed torn fresh spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in cheese and continue to stir frequently until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in rice and heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in spinach just before serving. Garnish with lemon zest.
Calories from Fat 131 (51%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(36%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.