Goat Cheese and Tomato Pita Pizzettes
A goat-cheese-lover's dream! Enjoy with a soup for a light supper.
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese
- 10 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Mix the garlic and olive oil. Using a pastry brush, lightly spread on both sides of the pita. On a panini press or a grill pan, grill the pita on both sides until crispy.
- Crumble the goat cheese on the pita. (I put a light layer of crumbles because you donít need that much cheese to get the great goat cheese flavor!)
- Spread the tomato slices, diced red pepper, and red onion on top of the goat cheese. Top with fresh basil slices.
- Use ľ tsp of the garlic olive oil mixture and sprinkle on top of the pizette.
- If you have a toaster oven, toast on low for 3 to 4 min. If you donít have a toaster oven, you can put the pizzettes under a broiler for 3 to 4 min until the cheese and ingredients are warmed through.
- Top with a sprinkle of black pepper.
Calories from Fat 179 (31%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(47%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 80g
(48%)Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USĖregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.