Ginger Spice Cookies
These old-fashioned cookies appeal to people of all ages.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup molasses, light
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sugar for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Lightly grease several baking sheets with vegetable oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with and electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together oil, molasses, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Beat in half of dry ingredients just until mixed. Using a large wooden spoon, stir in remaining dry ingredients just until evenly incorporated. Batter will be stiff.
- Divide dough in half; wrap each portion in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes. Using your hands, roll each portion of dough into 25 1-inch (3cm) balls, dip into sugar and place 2 inches (5cm) apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Calories from Fat 23 (23%)
(4%)Total Fat 3g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.