Frijoles Con Queso Dip and Chips
A welcome treat after school, as well as before a festive meal. Use lower fat (or fat free) corn chips if possible.
- 2 cups nonfat refried beans, (one can)
- 1/4 cup fresh salsa
- 4 oz reduced fat Cheddar cheese*, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, optional
- Reduced fat or fat free chips
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro in a small saucepan, and heat just until cheese melts (about 5 minutes over medium heat). Alternately, place in a microwaveable dish and heat for 2–3 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro if desired and serve with chips.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 70 (33%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.