Fresh Fig and Avocado Salsa
Fresh and easy—make this salsa when you're short on time but want a tasty appetizer.
- 2 fresh jalapeños
- 1 3/4 cups diced fresh California figs
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 firm and ripe avocado, diced
- 1 fresh and ripe tomato, diced
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Remove seeds and ribs from peppers and slice very thin crosswise.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix to blend well. Chill for several hours.
Calories from Fat 23 (50%)
(4%)Total Fat 3g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.