Easy-Oven Barbecued Denver Lamb Ribs
This sweet and spicy combination will transport diners to the snow-capped Colorado mountains.
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 5 drops red pepper sauce
- 2 lamb spareribs, 8 ribs each (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- In 1-quart saucepan, combine apple juice and onion and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in chili sauce, applesauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and hot pepper sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep sauce warm.
- In 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish with roasting rack, arrange ribs meat-side up. Sprinkle with lemon pepper. Roast in 375ºF oven for 30 minutes. Brush on warm barbecue sauce several times and roast additional 25 to 30 minutes. For appetizer, cut into individual ribs and serve.
Calories from Fat 128 (40%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.