Dessert Waffles with Spiced Blueberry Sauce
Delight kids young and old with this quick after-dinner pleasure.
- 1- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 (4 -1/2 inch) frozen waffles, toasted, or freshly made waffles
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- In a small saucepan, thoroughly combine cornstarch with 1/3 cup cold water, stir in half of the blueberries, the sugar, cinnamon and black pepper. Over medium heat, bring to a boil; boil until sauce is clear, about 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in remaining blueberries; cool. Place warm waffles on dessert plates. Scoop ice cream onto waffles; top with sauce.
Calories from Fat 71 (27%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.