Creamy Pancetta Rice
A salty bite of pancetta is the perfect foil for the sweet, dried cranberries and chopped pistachios in this recipe.
- ½ lb trimmed pancetta, diced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 ¾ cups half-and-half
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 ½ cups sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Brown pancetta and onion in large skillet over medium heat, cook until onion begins to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add half-and-half; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add rice, cranberries, pistachios, salt and pepper.
- Stir until well blended.
Calories from Fat 195 (47%)
(34%)Total Fat 22g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.