Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
Applesauce adds moisture and replaces fat in these rich-tasting chocolate cupcakes. Double the recipe and freeze the extras.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine applesauce, egg whites, oil and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and stir just until evenly moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into 12 paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until centers spring back when lightly pressed. Cool cupcakes on a rack.
Calories from Fat 62 (27%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.