Chocolate Chip Scones
These scones are best eaten warm. Serve alongside morning coffee or afternoon tea.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, cold, cut into pieces (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half
- Heat oven to 425°F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add chocolate chips; toss to mix.
- Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Knead dough a few strokes on lightly floured surface; pat to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut dough into rounds with lightly floured 3-inch cutter; place on greased baking sheet. Gather scraps and repeat to use all dough.
- Bake in 425°F oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Calories from Fat 135 (43%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 39g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.