Chicken with Garlic, Rosemary and White Beans Stew
This hearty stew from the northern climates is brimming with chicken, Canadian bacon, and Great Northern beans.
- 1.5 lbs mixed skinless chicken parts
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 oz pearl onions, peeled and halved (or use canned or jarred)
- 3 carrots, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 oz Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups cooked cannelloni or Great Northern beans (or 2 19-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoons dried)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 1 14.5-ounce can + 2 tablespoons water)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large, nonstick soup pot over high heat, warm the olive oil. Add chicken and brown on all sides. Add pearl onions, carrots, garlic and Canadian bacon; sauté until onions are lightly browned. Stir in balsamic vinegar and white wine; bring to a boil and then simmer over medium-low heat until the liquid is reduced by about one third. Stir in beans, rosemary and chicken broth. Bring back to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into large bowls and serve with rustic bread and salad.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 56 (10%)
(10%)Total Fat 6g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 84g
(105%)Dietary Fiber 26g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.