Chicken Schnitzel with Lemon
A basic and dependable recipe for breaded chicken breasts.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In shallow pie pan or dish, mix together flour, salt and pepper. In second shallow dish or pan, beat eggs lightly. In third shallow dish or pan, place breadcrumbs.
- One at a time, dip each chicken breast half first into the flour mixture, coating thoroughly and dusting off excess. Dip chicken breast next in egg, covering completely. Finally, coat chicken with bread crumbs. Place each breaded chicken breast half on plate or on small sheet pan.
- In large, non-stick skillet, place vegetable oil and butter. Warm over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet, cooking while turning, browning very well on both sides, about two minutes per side. Transfer chicken to paper-towel-lined plate or sheet pan.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Calories from Fat 223 (52%)
(38%)Total Fat 25g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.