Chicken Orzo Salad
Quick to assemble, this Mediterranean-inspired salad features sharp arugula, sweet red pepper, and tart lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup arugula or salad greens and parsely, for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 1/2 cups cooked orzo or other small pasta
- 12 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1 oz sliced skinless and boneless chicken breasts, grilled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- In a large skillet, over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 7 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine mushrooms with chicken and bell pepper. In a small bowl stir together the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic. Toss half of the dressing with the mushroom chicken mixture.
- In a large bowl, toss orzo with feta and remaining dressing until well coated. Spoon orzo onto a serving platter; top with mushroom-chicken mixture. Garnish with arugula or other salad greens and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Calories from Fat 160 (52%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(24%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.