Make enough for tomorrow’s lunch—you can also include fresh corn, Italian chicken sausage, or chopped lettuce. The dressing is the key here.
- 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey (approximately 1 whole breast)
- 1 red, unpeeled apple, chopped finely
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 lemon, grated peel
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 12 dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 1/2 head leafy lettuce
- If the chicken is not already cooked, poach it gently in a little water while you chop and mix everything else. When it's cooked through, chop it.
- Finely grate the peel of a fresh lemon into a large bowl, then juice the lemon into the same bowl. Remember to grate the peel first.
- Add poppy seeds, mustard, honey, oil, and apricots to the bowl, then let apricots soften for at least 15 minutes in this dressing (less if apricots are fresh).
- Add the chicken, apple, celery, and green onions and mix well. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Calories from Fat 166 (41%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.