Chicken and Polenta
Frozen sliced peppers and premade polenta make this and quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless or bone-in, skin on
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 14 oz bag sliced sweet peppers, frozen
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tube (1 lb) prepared polenta
- In a large deep skillet over high heat, warm olive oil. Add the chicken thighs and saute for 5 minutes; turn and sauté 5 more minutes until very brown. Stir into same skillet the tomato sauce, the peppers, olives and water. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 18 minutes, until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- While the chicken is cooking, slice the polenta into inch thick rounds. Warm a large, non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place the polenta slices on the skillet or griddle; cook 7 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place the polenta slices on serving dish. Top with chicken; spoon sauce on top.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Nutrition note: Nutrition calculation based on skinless thighs.
Calories from Fat 337 (58%)
(58%)Total Fat 38g
(47%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.