Chewy Oatmeal Spice Cookies
These cookies stir up memories of grandmother, a cozy kitchen and a generous glass of milk.
- 2 1/4 cups quick cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup unbleached flour, white
- 2 Tbs orange peel, finely grated (or tangarine peel)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spray several baking sheets with vegetable oil spray and put aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, flour, orange peel, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with the mixer set on medium speed, beat together oil, brown sugar, eggs whites and vanilla until fluffy and smooth. Slowly beat in the oat mixture.
- Using a spoon, form cookie dough into 2 1/2-inch (6cm) rounds and space about 3 inches (8cm) apart on baking sheets. Bake for 8–10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and let cool on rack.
Calories from Fat 36 (31%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.