Caribbean Red Snapper
This fish can be served on top of vegetables along with whole grain rice and garnished with parsley. Salmon or chicken breast can be used in place of red snapper.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 lb red snapper fillet
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbs pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 2 Tbs crumbled low-fat feta or low-fat ricotta cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, carrots, and garlic. Sauté mixture for 10 minutes. Add wine and bring to boil.
- Push vegetables to one side of the pan. Arrange fillets in a single layer in center of skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and olives. Top with cheese. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until fish is firm but moist.
- Transfer fish to serving platter. Garnish with vegetables and pan juices.
Calories from Fat 80 (38%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.