Caribbean Lime Chicken
A mildly spicy lime-garlic sauce coats crispy chicken—serve over rice.
- 4 Tbs lime juice, divided
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs skin-on chicken parts
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 4 large onions, cut into narrow wedges
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Lime, orange wedges, and fresh chives (optional garnish)
- Mix 3 tablespoons of the lime juice, garlic, salt, thyme, pepper flakes, and black pepper in dish. Add chicken and mix well.
- Heat oil until hot in large skillet. Place chicken in skillet in single layer and cook over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and brown other side, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion to pan and cook, stirring often, about 8 minutes or until chicken and onions are cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and curry powder to pan. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in remaining lime juice.
- Serve with rice. Garnish with citrus wedges and fresh chives, if desired.
Calories from Fat 266 (62%)
(45%)Total Fat 30g
(39%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.