Blueberry Almond Crepes
These berry filled crepes are a delicious morning treat or an elegant dessert.
- 1 container cottage cheese (16 ounces)
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted* sliced natural almonds (for topping)
- Crepes4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbs light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Filling:In a blender container, place cottage cheese, egg yolks, 3 Tbs sugar and orange peel; whirl until well combined. Add chopped almonds; whirl until smooth; set aside.
- Blueberry Sauce: In a saucepan, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch. Stir in orange juice and blueberries. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened and clear, about 1 minute.
- Crepes:In a blender container, place 4 eggs, 1 cup each flour and milk, 1 Tbs light brown sugar and 1/4 tsp almond extract. Whirl until smooth. Spray crepe pan with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add about 3 Tbs batter to pan, tilting to make an even layer. Cook on one side until crepe begins to brown, about 1 minute. Place on a sheet of waxed paper, browned side up. Repeat with remaining batter; layering the crepes with waxed paper.
- To assemble, place 2 rounded Tbs of filling on each crepe. Roll and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, preheat oven to 300°F. Bake filled crepes until hot, about 15 minutes. Top with blueberry sauce, sprinkle with toasted almonds and, if desired, a dollop of sour cream.
Calories from Fat 52 (28%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.