Black Boot Salsa
Versatile and quick; this is one sassy salsa. Serve over grilled salmon or with tortilla chips as an appetizer.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Combine lemon, oil, sugar, and salt in a bowl with a cover. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Add hot pepper sauce by the drop until the right amount of heat is achieved. Refrigerate, covered for several hours before serving.
- Serve with salt-free baked chips or pieces of fresh vegetables cut into scoop shapes, or as a marinated salad.
Calories from Fat 32 (30%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.