Beef Stir-Fry with Green Beans
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin or top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick or flank steak
- 1/2 cup prepared Asian-sesame dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/2 cups green beans or asparagus pieces (2-inch length)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine 1/4 cup dressing and garlic in medium bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add green beans and remaining 1/4 cup dressing; stir-fry 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet; season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Add 1/2 of beef to same skillet; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Return green beans and beef to skillet; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with rice, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Cook's Tip: To toast sesame seeds, cook them in an ungreased skillet over medium heat about 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.
Calories from Fat 220 (61%)
(38%)Total Fat 24g
(27%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.