Beef Skewers with Garlicky White Bean Dip
Smoked paprika will make these skewers a delicious surprise for your guests.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp garlic-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Garlicky White Bean Dip1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great Northern beans or cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- To prepare Garlicky White Bean Dip, place beans, water, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and salt in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until smooth. Spoon 1/2 of bean dip into clear serving bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon paprika and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Top with remaining bean dip, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover; set aside.
- Soak sixteen 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Meanwhile cut beef steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Thread beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer. Combine garlic-pepper seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon paprika; sprinkle evenly over beef.
- Place skewers on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil about 4 to 5 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Serve with Garlicky White Bean Dip.
Calories from Fat 24 (35%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.