Bbq Beef Chuck Steak
Marinate the meat overnight for a tender and flavorful chuck steak.
- 1 beef chuck 7-bone steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- Marinade:1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef steak and 1 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Place remaining marinade in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces. Serve with sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 438 (58%)
(75%)Total Fat 49g
(98%)Saturated Fat 20g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 21g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.