Balsamic and Rosemary-Scented Lamb Kabobs
These tasty little kabobs are the answer to calorie counters everywhere.
- 1 1/4 lb lamb boneless leg or shoulder, cut into 18 cubes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 12 med mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 large zucchini, diced into 1-inch chunks
- 6 wood skewers soaked in water
- In small bowl combine vinegar, garlic, rosemary, cumin, salt, pepper, and coriander.
- Prepare kabobs by threading lamb, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, and zucchini onto skewers.
- Baste with herb sauce.
- Broil 4 inches from source of heat for 4 minutes per side, or to desired degree of doneness: 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, and 170°F for well.
- Turn once while broiling and baste with herb sauce.
Calories from Fat 49 (28%)
(8%)Total Fat 6g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.