Asparagus Tapas with Red Pepper Sauce
Sauteed red peppers add a savory flair to this quick and easy snack.
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs raspberry vinegar
- 1- 1/2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 sourdough or French baguette loaf
- sliced julienne strips of bell pepper
- snipped fresh basil
- shaved Parmesan cheese (garnish)
- Coarsely chop bell peppers. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add peppers and garlic; cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until peppers are softened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Place in blender or food processor and puree until smooth; stir in vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook asparagus spears in boiling salted water for 4 to 5
minutes until crisp-tender; drain. Spoon red pepper sauce on
a platter and arrange asparagus over sauce. Garnish with
bell pepper, basil and Parmesan, if desired.
- Serve with baguette slices.
Calories from Fat 43 (75%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.