Asparagus Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper, Mozzarella, Pancetta, and Lemon Aioli
Pancetta, mozzarella and aioli prove a scrumptious combination in this quick and easy sandwich.
- Lemon Aioli1/2 tsp lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Sandwich4 squares focaccia bread (5"x5")
- 1- 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves (lightly packed) or baby lettuces
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, well drained and julienned
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch-thick
- 16 asparagus spears, cooked fork-tender
- 4 slices pancetta (1/8 inch thick), cooked almost crisp, break into 2 inch pieces ( 8 slices bacon may be substituted)
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before proceeding.
- To make Lemon Aioli, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and salt; whisk in mayonnaise and oil.
- Spread smooth side of each focaccia square with 1/2 tablespoon aioli.
- Divide remaining ingredients among 4 squares focaccia, layered in the order listed. Top with remaining foccacia squares. Cut each sandwich in half into 2 triangles.
- Sandwiches can be served at room temperature or warmed for a few minutes in the oven at 450° F. Sandwiches should not be hot.
Calories from Fat 387 (46%)
(66%)Total Fat 43g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 90g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.