VitaShield L’Chaim: 18 Chapters to Live By - Dr Shmuel Shields, PHD Description:
BASED ON THE latest findings, Torah wisdom, and true stories, Dr. Shmuel Shields gives clear, user-friendly guidelines to be healthier, stronger, and more energized—and fulfill the mitzvah to “guard your health.” Meal plans, recipes, and practical takeaway tips make weight loss and healthy lifestyle changes a possible, achievable goal.
· Get the facts on fats—and why we can’t live without them.
· Find out why weight loss is all about portion and proportion.
· Learn how to stay on track even on Shabbos and yom tov (have your kugel and eat it too!)
· Boost your immunity and say good-bye to frequent colds and flu.
· Get the scoop on carbs—the bad and the good.
· Improve concentration by feeding your brain.
· Learn ways to cope with stress.
· Increase your energy and endurance levels.
· And more!
Testimonials for Dr. Shmuel Shields and L’Chaim:
“DR. SHIELDS’S FOCUS on the Torah and the care of our bodies creates a new and interesting perspective from which to view nutrition. He does a great job of explaining the importance of health in our everyday lives as well as our spiritual pursuits. Anyone looking for a profound and spiritual look at nutrition must read this book!”
—Deborah Liebb Rimler, M.D., Internal Medicine
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHMUEL SHIELDS, PH.D., is a certified nutritionist with over twenty years of clinical experience. Dr. Shields is a corporate trainer and New York University faculty member. He began his advanced learning at Yeshivas Kesser Torah in Queens, New York, and currently lectures on health-related topics to numerous Jewish organizations, including Agudah Women, Young Israel of Great Neck’s Project Identity, Emunah Women, Jewish Association for Services for the Aged, and Jewish Board of Family and Children’s Services. He developed the exclusive vitamin-mineral supplement, VitaShield Advanced Formula with Extra Vitamin D, after extensive research.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent